world news

10 more bodies were found in the rubble of a Miami apartment, the death toll rises to 46 | Infrastructure News

On Wednesday, search and rescue personnel found another 10 bodies from the rubble of an apartment building outside Miami that collapsed last month, bringing the death toll to 46, in hopes of any of the 94 people still missing Found alive.

Work hard Looking for survivors The collapse of the Champlain Towers South building continued to occur under warm and dry conditions. Tropical Storm Elsa, The attack on the other side of Florida, has retreated.

Miami-Dade Mayor Daniella Levine Cava (Daniella Levine Cava) said at a briefing that in addition to 46 confirmed deaths, 94 people may be in Surrey when the partial collapse on June 24 The whereabouts of the people in the Fuside Building are unknown.

In addition to the confirmed 46 deaths, 94 other people who may have been in the Surfside building when it partially collapsed on June 24 are still missing [Marco Bello/Reuters]

Levine Cava shed tears when repeating her remarks in Spanish. She said that rescue work has become easier due to plans to demolish half of the building that is still standing on Sunday night.

“The team continues to make progress on the piles that were inaccessible before the demolition,” Levin Kava said.

When she was talking, the new class of workers walked by in groups, dressed in clean uniforms, and did not speak to each other, while the group of people leaving the rubble looked exhausted and sweaty.

Although local officials said they did not give up their hope of finding survivors, no one was found alive in the rubble in the first few hours after the building collapsed in the early hours of June 24, when many residents were sleeping.

When asked whether the continued search has brought false hope to the family, Levin Kava said: “They have received support and hope to close as soon as possible.

An official said that rescuers have still not found any new “voids” in the rubble or pockets of survivors. [Marco Bello/Reuters]

Miami-Dade Assistant Fire Chief Raide Jadallah introduced the newly discovered remains to his family in a private briefing on Wednesday morning.

Jadallah said rescuers have still not found any new “voids” in the rubble or pockets of survivors.

Jadallah told his family that the work is still a search and rescue operation and has not yet transitioned to a recovery mission.

“We are not there yet,” he said.

Later, the director of the Miami-Dade Fire Department Allen Kominsky sighed when asked at a press conference whether the officials gave the family a false hope.

On Tuesday, workers excavated powdered concrete where the Champlain Tann Building in Surfside once stood, filled it with buckets that were uploaded from the assembly line to be emptied and returned [Courtesy of Miami-Dade Fire Rescue Department/Handout via Reuters]

“Obviously, it is very difficult,” he said. “We have been doing our best. This is where we are now. We are doing our best. We will start from there.”

Maggie Castro, a Miami-Dade firefighter and paramedic, said his family was exhausted physically and mentally.

“They have gone through a lot of emotional roller coasters, just trying to maintain a positive attitude and keep waiting,” said Castro, who provides the latest news to these families every day.

She told the Associated Press in an interview with the Associated Press: “I think there has been a shift in acceptance, but it is obviously accompanied by some sadness.”

On Tuesday, workers excavated powdered concrete where the Champlain Towers South in Surfside once stood, filled barrels, which were passed from the production line to be emptied and returned.

In a video released by the Miami-Dade County Fire and Rescue Department on Tuesday, the search process was observed closely as the rain and wind from Tropical Storm Elsa disrupted the work.



Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button